The Durham Rescue Mission is Durham, NC’s oldest and largest long-term homeless shelter, providing food, clothing, permanent supportive housing, vocational training, Biblical counseling, job placement, education, accountability and much more to broken men, women and children in Durham, Chapel Hill and Raleigh. Our doors are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Because we are a nonprofit organization, we rely completely on the gifts and volunteer efforts of individuals, churches, businesses, civic groups, foundations and other organizations to provide for our homeless programs and services in the Triangle area. We do not apply for or receive any local, state or federal government funding.To learn more about the Durham Rescue Mission, please explore the links below.
Ways to Help the Homeless in Durham, Raleigh & Chapel Hill
- Never give cash to a homeless person.
- Talk with the homeless person with respect.
- Realize the homeless and their problems are not all the same.
- Share God’s love whenever you can.
- Pray for the homeless and the Durham Rescue Mission.
- Take precautions for your own safety.
- Encourage the homeless to get help at the Durham Rescue Mission.
- Support the Durham Rescue Mission.