We invite you to partner with the Durham Rescue Mission by donating to our various programs and services for the homeless, addicted and shattered lives in Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill and throughout the Triangle. We have a number of donation options available, ranging from one-time gifts, to monthly donations, to charitable trusts.
For more information about any of the charitable giving options listed below, feel free to contact us by phone at 919-688-9641 ext. 5024, by email at email@example.com — or request the pamphlet below.
Joining our monthly donation program is one of the easiest and most effective ways to support the ministry of the Durham Rescue Mission. Become a Monthly Miracle Partner today!
Honorarium & Memorial Gifts
If you are interested in making a donation in memory or honor of a loved one, we would love to hear from you.
There are various ways to contribute a planned gift to the Durham Rescue Mission. Choose from:
Stocks & Bonds
Did you know that your stocks and bonds may actually be worth more as charitable donations? Because of the tax deduction you’ll receive, donating your stocks and bonds to the Durham Rescue Mission can be a simple way to benefit you and our nonprofit ministry.
Donating real estate to our homeless shelters in the Triangle area is a great way to benefit our ministry and provide you with a tax deduction based on the current market value of your property.
Estate Planning & Wills
Incorporate us into your estate planning and will to provide our Durham, NC urban rescue mission’s programs, services and residents with benefits that will last your lifetime and beyond.
Protect your assets, cut estate settlement costs and reduce taxes with a trust donation to the Durham Rescue Mission. A trust enables you to create a financial plan that meets not only your own current needs, but ultimately the needs of beneficiaries who survive you. Choose from:
- Living Trust
- Testamentary Trust
- Charitable Remainder Trust
- Charitable Lead Trust
Thrift Store Donations
The Durham Rescue Mission Thrift Stores accept a variety of gently-used items, including clothes, shoes, antiques, books, CDs, collectibles, computers, dishes, DVDs, flatware, furniture, lamps, linens, pots, pans, records, rugs, small appliances, toys, vases, videos and much more.
In-kind donations are completely tax-deductible and can be dropped off at any one of our thrift store locations in Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, or Wake Forest.
If you are ready to trade in your car, boat, jet ski, camper, or motorcycle, consider donating it to Durham Rescue Mission Auto Sales & Storage instead! Not only is donating your vehicle easy and hassle-free, but it’s also 100% tax-deductible — and each car donated goes to support the men, women, and children of our urban rescue mission in the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill area.
Operation Daily Bread: Providing Food & Shelter to the Triangle’s Homeless
Ensure that the Durham Rescue Mission has a regular, dependable flow of income all year to help the homeless of the Triangle — even in the months where other donations drop — by partnering with the Mission’s Operation Daily Bread program. Sponsorships contribute significantly to the daily operating expenses of our Durham, NC, homeless shelters which include electricity, heat, food, and maintenance costs among others.
Choose from three sponsorship options:
Sponsor the Men’s Division
- One full day of sponsorship for our men’s shelter is $600/yr or $50/mth.
- Your name, business, church, club, or honorarium message listed on our marquee at the corner of E Main St/N Alston Ave for travelers to see as they drive by.
Sponsor the Good Samaritan Inn (Women’s & Children’s Division)
- One full day of sponsorship for our women’s and children’s shelter is $600/yr or $50/mth.
- Your name, business, church, club, or honorarium message listed on our digital sign on busy I-85 at Exit 177 for travelers to see as they drive by.
Sponsor a Day at the Mission
- One full day of sponsorship for both divisions or two full days for either division is $1,200/yr or $100/mth.
- Your name, business, church, club, or honorarium message listed on our marquee at the corner of E Main St/N Alston Ave and on our digital sign by I-85 at Exit 177 for travelers to see as they drive by. (If sponsoring two days at one division, the message will be displayed both days at the corresponding division only.)