Donations Make the Mission
The Durham Rescue Mission is supported entirely by gifts from individuals, churches, businesses, civic groups, organizations, foundations, grants and bequests.
When you give a gift to our homeless shelter and addiction recovery programs in the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill area, you can rest assured that your funds will be used to help those in the Triangle community who are hungry and homeless — 365 days a year.
Or mail your donation to: PO Box 11368, Durham, NC 27703
Donating Items / Goods
The Durham Rescue Mission is always accepting in-kind donations at our men’s and women’s shelters – or at any of our Durham Rescue Mission Thrift Shops. To donate any of the items listed below, please reach out to us by phone at 919-688-9641 or by email at [email protected].
Items the Mission Needs
A charity drive is also a great way to collect these needed items from members of your local community or church and help support our urban rescue mission in the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill area.
Contact us to learn more about organizing a collection drive.
- Canned or non-perishable food items
- KJV Study Bibles
- Ladies ethnic hair products
- New silverware for dining facilities
- GPS (Tom-Tom, Garmin, etc)
Infants & Children
- Baby wipes
- Disposable diapers (sizes 4-5)
- Crib sheets
- Allergy meds
- Anti-fungal creams
- Cough & cold meds (no alcohol)
- Hydrocortisone creams
- Medicated powders
- Saline nasal spray
- Disposable razors
- Shaving cream
- Toilet tissue
- Air fresheners
- Cleaning supplies (409, Windex, etc.)
- Commercial carpet cleaners
- Commercial vacuum cleaners
- Dish & laundry detergents
- Disinfectant cleaners
- Disposable cups & plates
- Interior/exterior brooms
- Paper napkins & towels
- Trash bags (13 gal. – 33 gal.)
- Car mechanic tools
- Gas weed eaters
- Lawn mowers
- Leaf rakes
- Pointed shovels
- Men’s work gloves
- Brake lathe for drums & rotors
- Dump truck not requiring a CDL
- Kitchenware (Pots, pans, utensils, etc)
- Canned vegetables
Operation Daily Bread: Our Sponsorship Program
Providing Food & Shelter to the Triangle's Homeless
Ensure that the Durham Rescue Mission has a regular, dependable flow of income all year to help the homeless of the Triangle — even in the months where other donations drop — by partnering with the Mission’s Operation Daily Bread program. Sponsorships contribute significantly to the daily operating expenses of our Durham, NC, homeless shelters which include electricity, heat, food, and maintenance costs among others.
Choose from three sponsorship options:
Sponsor The Men’s Division
- One full day of sponsorship for our men’s shelter is $600/yr or $50/mth.
- Your name, business, church, club, or honorarium message listed on our marquee at the corner of E Main St/N Alston Ave for travelers to see as they drive by.
Sponsor the Good Samaritan Inn (Women's & Children's Division)
- One full day of sponsorship for our women’s and children’s shelter is $600/yr or $50/mth.
- Your name, business, church, club, or honorarium message listed on our digital sign on busy I-85 at Exit 177 for travelers to see as they drive by.
Sponsor a Day at the Mission
- One full day of sponsorship for both divisions or two full days for either division is $1,200/yr or $100/mth.
- Your name, business, church, club, or honorarium message listed on our marquee at the corner of E Main St/N Alston Ave and on our digital sign by I-85 at Exit 177 for travelers to see as they drive by. (If sponsoring two days at one division, the message will be displayed both days at the corresponding division only.)